Monday, July 12, 2010



Busy Month of Puppy Sitting


I've been very busy the past 4 weeks watching a variety of wonderful dogs. Three CCI pups and one was a friend's forever dog.

We started on June 15th with Wendell, a CCI Puppy In Program. I am head over heels in love with this pup!!! He's got everything going for him, good looking, wonderful temperament, smart and he's the sister of my COC dog Risa IV and the nephew of one of my favorite dog's that I raised, Danner. The family resemblance is uncanny. When I look at Danner I can see what Wendell will look like as he gets older.
As luck had it I also had Danner for a few days that same week so I had 4 yellow labs, plus my sweet 15 year old mix, Rocky.

Next came Celtie, a corgi mix who is one of my favorite dogs. She's 10 years old and has helped raise 5 CCI puppies with my friend Bonnie. Besides being a great friend and co-raiser, Celtie has a job at Phoenix Children's Hospital as a Therapy Dog. She's in demand and has several tricks she's known for. Celtie is always welcome at my house :-)

Bodega came to stay a few days later. She is a 17 month old Golden Retriever & CCI Puppy In Program. She's due back to the Southwest Training Center in August and I think she'll do just fine there.

Now I have Gianna, a 12 week old black lab CCI Puppy In Program. She'll only be here a few days, but she is a pistol. Now I know why Cheryl, her Puppy Raiser, called me brave! This little girl is BOLD! She is having no problem keeping up with Risa (2 years) and Lively (14 Months) playing and going into the play pool. Cheryl is going to have her hands full with this one. Even though it's a little chaotic this week, it's good to have a young one at the house to help me prepare for my next puppy who is coming in August.

Well, by the end of the week it will be back to the home team of Rocky, Risa and Lively (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment